Two people were killed after several gunmen opened fire in multiple locations in central Vienna on Monday, BBC reported. Austrian Chancellor Sebastian Kurz called it a “repulsive terror attack” and said one gunman was also killed.

Vienna Mayor Michael Ludwig said that 15 people injured in the attack were being treated in hospitals, and that seven were in a serious condition, according to Reuters.

The attack took place in the evening when several people armed with rifles started opening fire near the Seitenstettengasse synagogue ,the police department said. Shots were fired in “six different locations”, it added.

The shooting began at a time when bars and restaurants were packed with customers, just hours before a coronavirus lockdown was due to come into effect at midnight local time.

Jewish community leader Oskar Deutsch said it was not clear whether the Vienna synagogue and adjoining offices had been the target as they were closed at the time.

Interior Minister Karl Nehammer warned people to stay away from the centre of the city, adding that border checks were being reinforced and that children would not be required to attend school on Tuesday.

“We have brought several special forces units together that are now searching for the presumed terrorists,” Nehammer told broadcaster ORF. “I am therefore...

Read more



from Scroll.in https://ift.tt/3l5Ns8R
via MORE SARKARI JOBS CLICK NOW

from ALL Jobs News https://ift.tt/3mM8pFZ
via Google Free Online work